(CPCS) Community Pharmacist Consultation Service
The NHS Community Pharmacist Consultation Service (CPCS) launched on 29th October 2019 as an Advanced Service.
The CPCS takes referrals to community pharmacy from NHS 111, but there are plans for referrals to be taken from other parts of the NHS in time. The CPCS aims to relieve pressure on the wider NHS by connecting patients with community pharmacy, which should be their first port of call and can deliver a swift, convenient and effective service to meet their needs.
The CPCS provides the opportunity for community pharmacy to play a bigger role than ever within the urgent care system.
For more information on the following please click here to visit PSNC:
- The service specification and Directions
- Toolkit for pharmacy teams
- Template Standard Operating Procedure
- Registering to provide the service
- Service funding and payment claims
- IT requirements and support
- Learning and development resources
- CPCS webinar and NHS 111 animation
- Resources for LPCs
- Information for patients
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Further development of the service
Annex C (Key Contact Details) are available from NHS England and have been shared with all pharmacies to their NHS shared mailbox; therefore please check your mailbox and junk filter.
Please Note: If you are ever made aware that the details are out of date please email email@example.com and they will look to update the documents and recirculate.
CPCS, Red Drugs and Prescibing Guidlines: