Pharmacy Quality Scheme
The Pharmacy Quality Scheme (PQS) forms part of the Community Pharmacy Contractual Framework (CPCF).
It supports delivery of the NHS Long Term Plan and rewards community pharmacy contractors that achieve quality criteria in the three domains of healthcare quality: clinical effectiveness, patient safety and patient experience.
This webpage contains information and resources for the current PQS.
Pharmacy Quality Scheme 2022/23
PSNC is currently in negotiations with the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) and NHS England and NHS Improvement on Year 4 (2022/23) of the CPCF, which includes negotiating the PQS 2022/23. Once negotiations are finalised, we will announce details of the PQS 2022/23 through our normal communication channels.
Pharmacy Quality Scheme 2021/22
PQS 2021/22: Declaration window is closed
The declaration window for the PQS 2021/22 is now closed. Community pharmacy contractors could make a claim for a PQS payment up until 11.59pm on Wednesday 2nd March 2022 through the MYS portal; no late submissions will be accepted.
Due to the extension agreed between PSNC, DHSC and NHSE&I, contractors now have until 5th April 2022 to claim payments for the completion of a minimum of 20 completed New Medicine Service (NMS) provisions (since 1st April 2021); this is a Gateway criterion.
For the other scheme requirements, contractors had until 31st March 2022 to complete the domains and have until 30th June 2022 to gather the evidence to demonstrate compliance, except for the following:
- PCN Domain – this required collaborative work on flu vaccination uptake which must be completed by 31st December 2021. The focus of the flu vaccinations is usually up to the end of the calendar year, so the deadline for this work was not extended.
- Advice on return of unwanted and used inhalers (Respiratory Domain) – the end of the period during which pharmacy teams should have conversations with patients dispensed an inhaler was 31st January 2022.
On 12th August 2021, initial details of the PQS 2021/22 were announced.
On 26th August 2021, full details of the PQS requirements were published in Part VIIA of the September 2021 Drug Tariff and on 1st September 2021, NHS England and NHS Improvement (NHSE&I) published their PQS guidance.
Please click here to visit PSNC for more info on the following:
- Guidance, webpages, resources and PharmOutcomes support
- Gateway criteria
- Medicines safety and optimisation domain
- Respiratory domain
- Digital domain
- Primary Care Networks domain
- Prevention domain
- Addressing unwarranted variation in care domain
- Healthy living support domain
- Funding for the scheme
- The PQS declaration (making a claim)
- PQS on-demand webinar
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Pharmacy Quality Scheme outcomes
- PQS Archive
For PQS Team training via Virtual Outcomes please visit: Virtual Outcomes
For PQS Team training via CPPE please see:
Healthy Hull & ER- Tier 2 Weight Management Service:
Please find below some information with regard to the Tier 2 Weight Management services in Hull & ER. This information will help support you in relation to Domain 7, Weight Management of the PQS. It would be great if you could put the posters up in the pharmacy if you can and help promote the services.