NHS UK (formerly NHS Choices)
The NHS website
The site also provides comparative data about healthcare providers, to help people make informed choices about their healthcare and allows patients to provide online feedback on services. This includes feedback on pharmacies and pharmacy contractors have the ability to post responses to feedback received on their pharmacy profile.
The NHS website also includes a Medicines A-Z directory at nhs.uk/medicines which has more than two million visitors each month. The directory offers patient-friendly information on commonly-used medicines, with guidance on dosage to management of side effects. Information within the directory is aligned to that included within the product’s patient information leaflet, but often presented in a more accessible way. Many community pharmacists have found this a useful resource to refer patients to following discussions on a medicine in the pharmacy.
Visit CPE for more info on the following:
- Pharmacy contractor’s duty to keep their profile up to date
- Registering to edit your pharmacy profile
- Updating your pharmacy profile
- Pharmacy profiles for Distance Selling Pharmacies (DSPs)
- Replying to patient feedback left on your pharmacy profile
- Flu vaccine service finder option for patients
- Sexual health service finder option for patients
NHS Profile Manager
Community pharmacy contractors previously updated two different NHS service information updaters:
The NHS Profile Manager replaces the two older information updaters, thereby, preventing contractors from having to input the same information onto two different platforms.