Smoking Cessation Service (SCS)
This advanced service to provide a smoking cessation service, to hospital patients on discharge, has been rolling out trust by trust for some time. For those already signed up you may see the occasional patient as the trusts are settling in.
Unlike DMS this is an advanced service, and therefore your choice to deliver it, and patients will only be referred to pharmacies who are signed up to it.
January 2024 update:
The advance pharmacy Smoking Cessation Service (SCS) went live in Humber on the 15th of January 2024.
The ICB invited all pharmacies in the Humber and North Yorkshire ICB footprint to attend a training webinar hosted in conjunction with the SCS national implementation team, the ICB, hospital trusts and both Community Pharmacy Humber and Community Pharmacy North Yorkshire on the 9th of January, we hope many of you were able to attend and found the webinar useful.
Watch a recording of the webinar:
Visit CPE for more info on the following:
- The policy background
- Service description
- The roll out of the service and deciding whether to provide it
- Consultation room requirement
- Equipment for the service
- What do contractors need to do to provide the service
- Patient eligibility and receiving referrals
- Providing the service
- Funding and claiming payment
- Withdrawal from the service
- Frequently asked questions
Find out all you need to know about the Smoking Cessation Service (SCS) by taking the FREE course provide by Virtual Outcomes. View the flyer below for more info: