Medication Administration Support Service (EL23) Hull
This service continues to be reviewed by Humber and North Yorkshire ICB and has been extended in its current format up to 31 March 2025.
Should this service be terminated sooner than 31.3.2025, then will be given 3 months’ notice of termination by HNY ICB.
NHS England on behalf of Hull CCG
01/04/2018 – extended to 31/03/25
If you require a copy of the Service Specification or Service Contract, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy.
Please note most service specification documents are hosted and downloadable from the PharmOutcomes Service platform.
All claims to be submitted via the PharmOutcomes platform
SUMMARY OF SCHEME
- The pharmacy will help support vulnerable people, who require more support than a one off adjustment, as covered under the Disability Discrimination Act 1995 criteria.
- The pharmacy will be contacted by the PCT Medicines Management Assessment team for professional discussions about the appropriate level or kind of support, if any, required by the person to help them take their medicines as intended. If support is necessary, the PCT Medicines Management Assessment Team and Pharmacy will agree with the person the appropriate level or kind of support.
- The pharmacy may provide advice, support and assistance to the person, family member or informal carer with a view to improving the patient’s knowledge and use of their drugs and their compliance, or may need to refer to their GP for further referral to other health and social care professionals where appropriate.
- The pharmacy will provide the support as described within the Open Action Plan contained within the Patient file set up by the PCT Medicines Management Team.
- The PCT will monitor the enhanced service.
- The pharmacy should ensure that they are fully compliant with Information Governance in relation to patient identifiable data. The pharmacy contractor should ensure that the staff who currently (or may in the future) complete claim forms to be fully aware of the necessity to follow the correct procedures with regards to patient data protection.