Pharmacy Wellbeing Service (PWS)
NHS England, Humber Local Pharmaceutical Committee (LPC) and North Yorkshire Local Pharmaceutical Committee (LPC) have joined up with the award winning Your Health Service, provided by Humber NHS Foundation Teaching Trust, to provide a dedicated Pharmacy Wellbeing Service to all staff and their families who live or work in East Riding of Yorkshire, Hull, North Lincolnshire, North East Lincolnshire, and North Yorkshire.
The pilot has been commissioned for a 6 month period, and will provide 1-1 online support over a period of up to 12 weeks to any member of pharmacy staff (or members of their family) working or living in the above mentioned areas. The service will focus on health and wellbeing issues such as: mental health, wellbeing, physical activity, alcohol consumption, smoking cessation, weight management, and any lifestyle issue that an individual may seek support with.
The service commenced on Monday 19th April 2021 and is available week days, evenings and weekends.
Anthony Bryce (Health Integration and Public Health Lead) at Humber Local Pharmaceutical Committee states: “The mental health and wellbeing of all pharmacy staff is vital and of critical importance. COVID-19 has put a huge strain on staff members working within Community Pharmacy whom have been at the forefront of the fight against COVID-19, providing a much needed lifeline to individuals regarding medication, medication collection, support, and advice throughout the last 12 months. Community Pharmacies have had their ‘doors open’ throughout this unprecedented situation we have all found ourselves in, and have always put patients at the forefront of their minds. The implementation of the Pharmacy Wellbeing Service will allow staff to seek support if and when they require it, from a friendly team with years of experience working within this field. The Your Health service is a nationally acclaimed service that specialises in working with individuals on a 1-1 basis, providing support and guidance on a range of wellbeing and lifestyle issues, with the added advantage of knowing the local areas throughout the Humber and North Yorkshire localities, and will be an invaluable resource from which pharmacy staff will be able to utilise. We have also recognised that family members of pharmacy staff may also require the use of this service, and as a result, have extended this service to include all family members of those working within Community Pharmacy.”
The service will support individuals working within community pharmacy (and their direct family members), to move from surviving to thriving by helping people to feel in control of their health and wellbeing, by addressing mental health, general health, wellbeing and inclusion needs, using a behaviour change approach and active recovery methodology. People will not have to wait more than 2 weeks to receive support, and direct support for those who require mental health support will be available instantly.
- Work with Community Pharmacy across the ICS, supporting those presenting with low/moderate mental health challenges as well as providing healthy lifestyle support when required.
- Improve access to 1-1 support and reduce waiting times for well-being/mental health/healthy lifestyle support for staff members working within community pharmacy and their direct family members.
- Support people to make informed choices about their health and wellbeing, improve their levels of physical activity, promote a healthier diet and improve mental wellbeing.
- To make available to community pharmacy a directory of services within each individual locality (national and local) and to be able to provide this information when required with the ability to signpost/refer individuals to these services if and when required.
The following leaflet and poster are available for more information, and to print if you wish to do so:
Accessing the service:
Request a FREE consultation from a Wellbeing Coach by visiting the YOURhealth website, alternatively you can access support from a Wellbeing Coach through the following options:
Phone: 0800 9177752
FREE Webinars this Summer!
Please view the flyer below for more info on the following upcoming FREE, 60 minute webinars:
- Healthy Lifestyles
- Brief Interventions
View Lydia’s blogs by clicking the links below:
- YOURhealths Pharmacy Wellbeing Service now live! – YOURhealth (nhs-health-trainers.co.uk)
- Pharmacy Wellbeing Service, Pharmacy visits – YOURhealth (nhs-health-trainers.co.uk)
- Pharmacy Wellbeing Webinars! – YOURhealth (nhs-health-trainers.co.uk)