(PODIS) Point of Dispensing Intervention Service NL
Launching our newly commissioned PODIS Animation
Community Pharmacy Humber is pleased to share with you our newly commissioned animation to explain the PODIS service.
01/04/2018 – extended to 31/03/22
- To reduce the number of unwanted medicines dispensed and therefore wasted, by not dispensing items patients do not require.
- To notify the prescriber when an item prescribed has not been dispensed.
- To promote, support and encourage good repeat/ prescribing practices with patients and GP practices.
- To highlight over or under usage of medicines to the prescriber.
- To inform the prescriber whether the continued supply or non-supply of items would be considered clinically significant.
The service has been commissioned by NHS England on behalf of NHS NL CCG as a local enhanced service under the community pharmacy contractual framework.
See section B2 for the PODIS Service
NL Pharmacies wishing to provide the NL Point of Dispensing Intervention Service who attended the launch event on the 11th January 2018, must complete the sign-up sheet. The Sign-up sheet (see your SLA) can be printed off, signed and scanned for return by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively can be posted to: Primary Care Team, NHS England, Ground Floor, Health House, Grange Park Lane, Willerby, HU10 6DT
Pharmacies who did not attend the launch event who are interested in providing the service must contact Humber LPC at email@example.com for further guidance.
The LPC encourages all NL pharmacies to participate in this valuable service.
Please note: Branches of multiples are advised to check with their head office before downloading and signing up to this service, as service contracts are dealt with centrally through your head office contracting department.
The service must be recorded and delivered through the PharmOutcomes platform and all payment claims will be submitted via the PharmOutcomes automated mechanism on the 5th day of the month.