Flu Vaccination Service
On 20th July 2015, PSNC announced that as part of the 2015/16 community pharmacy funding settlement NHS England had agreed to allow community pharmacies in England to offer a seasonal influenza (flu) vaccination service for patients in at-risk groups. This service is the fifth Advanced Service in the English Community Pharmacy Contractual Framework (CPCF) and provision of the service commenced from 16th September 2015.
The 2019/20 service concluded on 31st March 2020.
COVID-19 update: Following a request from PSNC, Public Health England has confirmed that anyone who has undertaken face to face vaccination training before and is due to undertake face-to-face training this year, can delay the face-to-face requirement until next year. Read more on the training requirements page
Flu vaccine ordering for 2020/21
NHS England and NHS Improvement (NHSE&I) has issued a letter to provide advice on ordering appropriate flu vaccines for the 2020/21 season. Community pharmacy contractors should read the letter and begin ordering licensed vaccines as set out in the letter; ordering of these licensed vaccines should not be unnecessarily delayed.
Annual flu letter published for 2020-21
The Department of Health and Social Care, Public Health England and, NHS England and NHS Improvement have jointly published a letter to provide further information on the national flu immunisation programme for 2020–21. Read more in our news article.
For more information on the following please visit PSNC:
• Introduction and background
• Service specification, Secretary of State Directions, Patient Group Direction and Guidance
• Training requirements and resources
• Resources for pharmacy teams
• Promoting the service to patients
• Eligible patient groups
• Identifying carers eligible for a flu vaccination
• Flu vaccinations for people with learning disabilities
• Off-site vaccinations
• Record keeping and data requirements
• Communicating with GP practices
• Information and resources for LPCs
• Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
• Claiming payment
• Post-payment verification process
• Flu Vaccination Service statistics
Local training provided by the LPC:
Expressions of interest were sought in April 2019 and those who expressed an interest were invited to attend a training event on Thursday 4th July 2019 at The Village Hotel Hull.