(DoS) Directory of Services
Pharmacies’ services and opening hours are included within the DoS and it is important to the efficient working of NHS 111 and some other urgent care providers that information on pharmacy services is accurate to allow patients to be appropriately referred to community pharmacies, such as for the Community Pharmacist Consultation Service.
DoS is not publicly available, as it contains some private information, such as telephone numbers for use only by healthcare professionals, but pharmacy teams can access DoS via various web-based systems.
Please click here to visit PSNC for more info on the following:
- Pharmacy contractor’s duty to keep their DoS profile up to date
- The DoS Profile Updater
- Opening hours on DoS and temporary closures
- Using DoS in community pharmacies
Quick links to:
- Allows pharmacy team members and other healthcare professionals to search for DoS information quickly, allowing a patient to be signposted to the most appropriate service for their needs;
- Provides access to information from the Urgent and Emergency Care Directory of Services and the NHS website. This includes non-public telephone numbers (where available) and information about who is eligible for the service and how to refer a patient; and
- Includes maps and directions to the services, plus the ability to email service information directly to your patient.