Bank Holiday Cover
NHS England issue final pharmacy opening hours for Dec 2020 & Jan 2021:
Please click the link below to view the final version of the Dec 2020/Jan 2021 Bank Holiday opening report, as this is the final version it unfortunately will not be having any further amendments or be circulated again.
The below list highlights any changes made that NHS E have been notified of since the circulation of the first draft on Friday 13th November 2020:
- FDN20 Boots Pharmacy in Northallerton notified us they are actually open 10:00-13:30, 14:00-16:00 instead of 12:00-13:00 on 28/12/2020
- FQ084 Boots Pharmacy on Kings Square in York notified us they are actually open 11:00-17:00 instead of 15:00-17:00 on 28/12/2020
- FN047 Boots Pharmacy at St James Retail Park in Knaresborough has kindly offered to open 09:00-11:00 on 25/12/2020 where previously it said TBC in the first version of the report
- There has been a final page added to advise pharmacies how to amend their opening hours in an absolute emergency
- Please update your DoS & NHS UK Profiles accordingly (Please note: if you do not add hours for a bank holiday it will default to your normal opening hours)
- Ensure staff on duty have access to all IT systems and NHS shared mailboxes necessary
- If closed – use the template on the link below to notify patients of the nearest open pharmacy.
- If directed to open – remember to claim the directed 1 or 2 hours via the PharmOutcomes platform (see directions on links above). Please note: if you have to remain open for longer than the designated 1 or 2 hours allocated to complete a pharmaceutical service to patients, please add this to the notes section on PharmOutcomes and keep evidence so NHS England can access if an additional payment is necessary or directed rota need to be extended.
NHS England Directions to Open 2020-2023
For those pharmacies who have been directed to open, please use the claim form on PharmOutcomes.
Paper claims will no longer be accepted – If you don’t claim via PO you wont get paid